Friday, June 5, 2009

On Call (Dermatology Dept.)

My on call for dermatology dept. wasn't the first one. This is the third on call for this month. But this time..my colleague was different. Amalia'd gone back to where i wanna be right now. She's back to Malaysia for her brother's wedding ceremony. Hmm...how lucky!! But it's okay..I'm cool. =P

Back to the story. My third on call. Actually, nothing had happen. No new patient, no patient in critical condition, BUT, the stressful doctor make me not-so-happy. I don't know. Is he changed after his patient died yesterday and bad news is..he didn't know about it until he came for his daily follow-up-session and find out that the patient wasn't in the ward anymore. Hahah. Or...he's actually that kind of person who cannot be calm and loves to freaking people out. Weqs!

I went to visit this leprosy's patient at 4.00 o'clock after he said that this patient's condition wasn't very stable so he asked me to observe...yeah...not regularly...but juz to make sure that the patient is OK. So..that evening...the patient's condition really really OK as his BP: 120/80 Pulse: 76x/m RR: 24x/m Tax: 37,5 'C. I planned to observe him at 8.00 o'clock and then message the doctor about the patient's condition.

However, at 7.00 o'clock, the doctor called me out and freaked out. Huh! He said the patient is in fever and why don't i report it to him? Ow? But that patient's temperature is normal when I observed him that evening.

Okay...I prepared to go to the hospital that night...and about 9.00 o'clock I began to observed the patient AGAIN. And guess what? BP: 120/80 Pulse: 88x/m RR: 24x/m Tax: 76,8'C. I asked the patient if he's feeling not good...fever may be? And he said..."Nope!" Erk?

I called the doctor...reporting the result of the recent patient's condition. And he said..." Okay then. By the way, is it only you observing the patient? Where's ur other friend? Are they don't want to help? Bla bla bla bla bla bla..."

Hello doctor? It doesn't matter who's observing the patient. As long the patient is OK, then, what's the matter? And..it's not only me observing the patient. My on-call-partner will observing the patient tomorrow morning. We'd agreed the deal this afternoon. Whoah!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com / Header Butterfly by Pixels + Ice Cream